January 21, 2019
Request for Builder and Lot Proposals for the construction of the
2019 Fall Parade of Homes Association Home
Dear Fellow Member,
It’s our 60th Anniversary and your HBA is ready to receive Builder and Lot proposals for the construction of the 2019 Fall Parade of Homes Association Home. This home will again be our association’s non-judged entry in the Fall Parade of Homes, to be held in early October.
From its inception in 1987, the annual construction of the Association Home has been an important activity for our HBA. This annual venture is a vital fund-raising project for the association and an excellent opportunity for members to showcase their goods and services.
The 2019 Fall Parade of Homes Association Home Advisory Committee has researched the market for single family housing and selected a price range and geographic area of our community for our 2018 Fall Parade of Homes Association Home:
- Price Range: $500,000 – $800,000
- Location: Winston-Salem and surrounding areas
All interested builders are invited to submit a proposal for the planning and construction of this home. All builder proposals will be evaluated based on the proven ability of the builder to complete homes on time, workmanship, cost-control and other criteria the committee may deem appropriate. The builder proposal may include a suggested lot and/or a total construction package, along with an estimated profit margin.
Interested members having lots to consider in Winston-Salem and surrounding areas are also invited to submit proposals. All lot proposals will be evaluated by our committee as to the characteristics and marketability of the lot.
- Lots with public water are required.
- Lots with public sewer are preferred.
Any lot offered should be submitted with a copy of the final plat as recorded and otherwise be ready for construction by March.
BUILDER AND LOT PROPOSALS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE HBA OFFICE NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m., FRIDAY, March 1.
The Committee will meet and select a lot and builder by March 15th.
Please call Darlene Saunders at the HBA office, 336.768.5942 with your questions.
Why Build the 2019 Fall Parade of Homes Association Home?
- Benefits: Priceless exposure for you and your company to the home buying public and fellow HBA builder and associate members. Based on consumer interest in our previous association homes, the builder and subdivision selected for the 2019 Fall Parade of Homes Association Home will experience considerable consumer interest during 2019 and beyond. The home and builder will be featured in articles in the Winston-Salem Journal and in Forsyth Family magazine. In addition, from the date of selection until the end of that calendar year, the home and its builder along with projects subs and suppliers will be featured in the HBA enews and recognized on a banner at the Association House throughout the Parade. Photos of the project program will be featured on social media and the HBA website.
- You can make a difference. Since 1987, this project has allowed this association to develop a solid financial foundation enabling it to become and remain a full-service, professional trade association serving the local housing industry.
- A great way to establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers. The associate members of our HBA like to be a part of the annual Parade of Homes Association Home project because of the exposure it grants them in the association and in the community. The builders of our 32 HBA homes have been delighted with the enthusiastic interest of their existing subcontractors and suppliers in this project. In addition, the builders have also benefited from the opportunity to meet and establish business relationships with new subs and suppliers.
- This home is entered in the Parade of Homes as an unjudged entry. Each year the builder of our HBA Parade of Homes home and their marketing team are delighted with the large volume of consumer traffic touring the association home during the two fall weekends of the Parade of Homes. The Parade of Homes Association Home has been a consistent generator of high quality leads for its builder, marketing team and the neighborhood it is located in.
Call Don Hamrick, Custom Homes by Hamrick, at 336.345.8095 (Chairperson), HBAWS EVP Darlene Saunders, 336.464.8000, or Vicky Slate, Allegacy Federal Credit Union, 336.813.6249 to find out more about the 2019 Parade of Homes Association Home Project.
Don Hamrick, Chairperson Darlene Saunders, Exec. Vice President
2019 Fall Association Home Advisory Committee Home Builders Association
Executive Vice President
Home Builders Association of Winston-Salem
220 Charlois Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC 27103
Telephone (336) 768-5942 / Direct: 336-464-8000 / eFax: (336) 550-4890