2019 Spike Leadership: Jodi Tate, Blue Door Group | Real Estate
Spike Club – Growing our Strength through Member Recruitment, Retention and Involvement
How do I earn a Spike Credit?
- One half Spike credit: for being an Ambassador and attending and/or leading a monthly New Member Orientation held prior to membership meetings or selling raffle tickets.
- One Spike credit: personally visiting and orienting a new member who did not attend a scheduled orientation.
- One Spike credit: making three renewal phone calls, regardless of the outcome.
- One Spike credit: sponsoring a new member.
- One Spike credit: securing the renewal of a member who has canceled or whose membership has lapsed.
- One Spike credit: automatically given by NAHB for first year renewals. If the sponsor is no longer a member, it is up to the discretion of the Director of Communications and Member Services to distribute those credits.
What are the benefits of becoming a Spike?
- Increased visibility, recognition and networking opportunities at networking events
- Unique lapel pins for each level of achievement
- Additional VIP opportunities throughout the year
- Spike Meetings / Lunches Monthly
- Spike Christmas Party!!
Spike Credits are awarded by NAHB based on the credits you have earned locally and are recognized in the following sequence:
1. When an individual earns his/her first credit, he/she becomes a Spike Candidate and remains at that status until he/she has earned up to six (6) credits.
2. To become a Spike, an individual must earn six credits within two consecutive membership years. If Spike status is not achieved by the third consecutive year, credits from the first year in the sequence are lost.
3. To retain Spike status, a minimum of two credits must be earned each year until a total of 25 credits are received and Life Spike status is attained. If these credit requirements for reaching Life Spike are not met in any one-membership year, all prior years’ Spike credits will be canceled. To rejoin the Spike Club, a member must re-qualify as a 6 credit Spike.
The intent of the Spike Club program is to boost membership through awards, recognition, camaraderie, and overall fun. On behalf of the Spike Club, I again challenge you to join the ranks of Spike, receive the awards, and enjoy the fellowship.
For further information or to attend a Spike Club meeting, please call the HBA office, 336.768.5942. Spike meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the HBA office. Everyone is welcome!
2019 Spike Meetings and Socials
April 11 – Joint AMC/Spike/Member Connect Fiddlin Fish, 3 – 5pm
May 1 – Spike Meeting, HBAWS, 11:30am
June – No Remodelers, No AMC, No Spike – attend Food Truck Blitz
July – No HBAWS Meetings
August 7 – Spike Meeting, HBAWS, 11:30am
September 5 – Joint AMC/Spike/New Member Connect, WS Foundation Rooftop, 3:30 – 5pm
October 2 – Spike Meeting, HBAWS, 11:30am
November 6 – Spike Meeting, HBAWS, 3 – 5pm
December 12, 4 – 5pm – Joint AMC/Spike Christmas Brunch – W-S Foundation Rooftop